Really, I'm not dead. I've just been very busy at work. No time to write anything lately and all of a sudden I don't have anything posted for over a week. What little time I have had I've spent organizing and other such things.
I figured I'd post something right now before I go to bed, if only so that my blog doesn't have the 1 week ago label on all of your blog roles.
2. I've finally gotten some packages in the mail that I've been meaning to send for months. Sorry for the delays. There are 7 packages going out to people that have really kept me going with comments. I have others in the works too. Hopefully it won't take me another 7 months to get those out.
3. I bought some new socks the other day. They were the kind with the gray toes and heals for maximum non-wearthroughage. (I think it's strange that socks go from very good condition to worn out/stretched out holy messes almost overnight. I have no socks that are in between. They're either perfect or they're terrible. I can't account for this phenomenon. Am I the only one that deals with this?)
Anyway, I want to mention the packaging that my socks came in. At the top of the pack it says: "resealable bag" Sure enough, the bag has one of those built in el-cheapo ziplock things. Why in God's name would socks be sold in a resealable bag? To lock in the freshness? Are there people who buy these things, open the bag, take out one pair, and then seal the bag up again for later? Am I supposed to keep it in the fridge? I have no idea what this is for. I can't figure it out. My best theory (my only theory) is that the Hanes plant is right next to the Craft Shredded Cheese plant and their plastic bag orders got crossed up somehow. Kind of same way that the tennis ball containers got erroneously delivered to the Pringles factory.
4. What the hell is Jay Culter's problem? Can someone explain this to me? He's upset and acting like a spoiled child because he can't understand that he might be available for trade? Let me tell you something asshole: EVERYONE IS AVAILABLE FOR TRADE. Oh wait, I know, it's that they lied and tried to hide the fact that they were talking about you. Maybe they did that because they knew you would react like a freakin' baby. Way to prove them wrong.
5. I was watching Just One Of The Guys the other day for the 100th time. How great it Billy Jacoby? That's not what I want to talk about, though. I want to talk about that guitar player in the band that's playing the prom. Shouldn't that guy be in jail or something? He's playing a high school prom and he's trying to pick up chicks from the stage? What the fuck, man? He's hitting on a girl as she's dancing with her prom date. He's at least in his mid to late 20's and he looks older than that. Total douche. Yet, in the movie it's treated as a completely norman and reasonable thing. Nothing strange about it at all.
6. Another thing about JOOTG. I only see it on Comedy Central anymore so it cuts the best scene. All guys my age know what I'm talking about. The bluring is really funny, though. When they have the scenes in Buddy's room with all of the porn on the wall, they blur it out. But not all of it. And not for the entire scene. As the scene progresses some of the bluring goes away. I don't now if they gave up, just got lazy, or what. It's kind of odd.
7. No way Rick kicks Greg Tolan's ass at the end. Just no chance. That's as likely as Danielson getting past Dutch. It just wouldn't happen.