Wednesday, March 25, 2009

TBL Card Fest: Last One Tonight

This is the last of them, and they are, appropriately, from Beardy (AKA Greg Pipitone). I know there will be more to come but this will bring us up to date. I never in a million years thought something like this would take off the way it has. We are well on our way to 100 cards (42 already) and I think we may blow right past that.

One of the greatest things (for me) is that Josh Wilker at Cardboard Gods has linked to our little project. You may be able to tell from links to the right, but (and no offense to the many awesome card blogs that I love) I kind of set Josh's Blog apart and it is a particular thrill to me to get linked to from there. Somewhere in my crazy head I think of how cool it would be to check my email one day to find that Josh has photoshoped one of his cardboard gods into something to fit into our little set.

But, back to the matter at hand. Here are the last of TBL cards that I have to post. I'm sure more will show up shortly.



Autobahn #01 Heritage Relic

This is what Greg was referring to on Dubbs post. As far as I'm concerned, we can never have enough Autobahn cards. And now we have a piece of gig worn tie to go with our vinyl. We have been getting to crazy pulls when it comes to Autobahn.


Stranger #01 1956 Topps

It's funny, I was reading a post by Night Owl for the Blog Bat Around and thinking about the 1956 set and how I should try to become more familiar with it. Then I check my email to find that Beardy already has a good appreciation for it. I like the set even more.



Smoky + Walter #01 2009 Beardy Original

Here is (I think) an original form Beardy, and one of my favorites. If this came form a set, I'm not sure what it is. I guess if I'm wrong people will let me know, but I've never seen a card like this before.

I sure hope I haven't overlooked anyone if they've sent me cards that I didn't post or if they put some on their blog that I haven't linked to. I'm certainly a lazy man. Quite possibly the laziest in Lorain county. Please let me know if I have overlooked something and I'll correctify the situization directly.

One last thing. I'm working on the links to the right but it might have to wait a few days. Once I get that going and explained, then everyone can start to let me know what I did wrong and how to make it better. Just have faith in me because I think it will the numbering and descriptions will make sense.

Thanks again all.

2 comments:

beardy said...

Yeah, Freeze Frame and the band relics are both originals. I'm glad you like them. There are more to come.

Man, I really wish someone made this set now, so I could buy it. Oh well, I guess sometimes you eat the bar, and well, sometimes the bar eats you.

Josh Wilker said...

". . . to find that Josh has photoshoped one of his cardboard gods into something to fit into our little set..."

Oh, man, I assure you, that's way beyond my technical capabilities. I'm lucky to be able to turn the computer on when necessary.

I wish it were otherwise. I'd love to take a crack at surrounding the Dude with the bright colors of the 1975 Topps set.