Tuesday, March 24, 2009

TBL Card Fest: Fresh Links

I have a bunch of new TBL cards in the hopper ready to go over the next few days. I can't get them posted on the blog until I get home where I can load them from my computer.*

*I actually just misspelled computer. I mistakenly added an "l" to make compluter. Strangely, I think I like this better and may start writing compluter on all of the rare occasions that I need to type "computer". The only thing stopping me is the fact that I'm the only one who would know I'm doing this on purpose. Everyone else would think I'm an idiot. On the other hand, everyone probably has already arrived at that conclusion so what would the harm be? I'll have to think about it. Let me get back to typing on my work compluter.

For some reason, my company doesn't want me to download a bunch of baseball cards onto their compluter to use on my blog (which they probably don't want me doing at work anyway).

What I can do, however, is to update a few recent links to TBL cards that have gone up recently on other blogs. So, for your viewing enjoyment I give you:

1. Nihilists #02 2009 WhiteSox Originals

2. Caucasian #01 1915 Invention

These first 2 are submissions from Steven at White Sox Cards.

3. Dude + The Stranger #01 1992 Fleer

4. Nihilists #03 1979 Topps

These last 2 you can find over on Punk Rock Paint

I'm in the process of downloading all of the cards into one master list and implementing some kind of numbering system. It's a very complicated case. Lotta ins, lotta outs, lotta what-have-you. There's a lotta strands in old Motherscratcher's head. Luckily I'm sticking to a very strict drug regimen to keep my mind limber.

Unfortunately, this regimen makes me move very slowly and eat a lot of cheese curls while watching episodes of Arrested Development when I could be working on this project. Hey, life is a series of compromises, am I wrong?

Anyway, I want to thank all contributors. The project is really coming together.

I'll probably take a break now from TBL until tomorrow so I can attempt to get up a Blog Bat Around post by this evening. I also will need to actually mix in some stuff about, you know, baseball cards.

If you have made a card on your blog that I haven't linked to let me know. Also, if you have emailed me cards and I haven't replied, email me again. Thanks.

No comments: