Sunday, March 29, 2009

TBL Card Fest: Beardy and Dubbs

Getting back to The Big Lebowski set we have 3 posts worth of cards sent over by Greg (AKA Beardy). They are all really cool, but I think I've saved the best for last, so make sure you are checking back and don't miss any. After these posts go up our set will have reached 62 cards. I couldn't be happier with how this is turning out. All of the submissions are unique and interesting. I've really had a great time compiling these and I hope I continue to do so.



Liam #01 1958 Topps

Liam is Jesus Quintana's unlikely friend and bowling partner. It makes no sense at all that these two guys even know each other, but that just makes it all the more hilarious.


Da Fino #01 1958 Topps

Da Fino is a brother shamus (you know, like an Irish monk), and there is no physical harm intended. He digs the Dudes work. It's fabulous stuff.


Maude #02 1956 Topps

Maude is an artist. Her work has been commended as being strongly "vaginal". Hopefully that doesn't make you too uncomfortable.


Jeffrey Lebowski #02 1956 Topps

This guy's a goldbricker. I've never been so certain of anything in my life.

Here now is the latest submission by Dubbs:

Tony The Limo Driver #01 2008 Mayo

I love this Mayo card with the black and white. It's somehow perfect. It fits right in there. Read in his comments section for the enthralling tail of my brush with greatness in the form of Dom Irrera, AKA Tony the Cheauffeur.

Dubbs has said that this is the last TBL card for a while. Yeah right. It gets into you blood, man. The TBL set will not be put aide or ignored. I suspect we'll see another card from Dubbs shortly (at least I hope so. The kid's got talent).

More shortly.

2 comments:

Hoosiers said...

Dude Liam here.. I was just told about this card by Chalupa.. How can I go about getting one.. It is Fantastic that I have a Celeb. card..Let me know..
Thanks
Liam
aka
James Hoosier
jhoosier1231@ca.rr.com

Motherscratcher said...

Holy Crap Jim. I hadn't noticed your comment. I guess I should check this stuff more often huh. I'll email the details and what-have-you.