Wednesday, April 15, 2009

TBL Card Fest: PRP and Beardy

Here are three more submissions to The Big Lebowski Card Fest Set. This thing just keeps plugging away. We're up to 68 cards now. I know I promised to get the whole thing linked up and whatnot, but like the Dude, I'm a lazy man. It'll happen. Until it does I suspect your lives will remain relatively unaffected.

Here's another awesome submission from Travis Painterstein at Punk Rock Paint:



Jesus #06 1996 Pinnacle Aficionado

This is really cool. I'm unfamiliar with this set but that effect is outstanding. I have no idea how to do something like this.

Two more from Beardy:



Smokey #01 1956 Topps

My heart was warmed when I saw that Smokey finally had a card all his own. I was worried that he may find his way through the interether to this very site only to find that he was left out, or viewed only as a pawn to the dominating Walter. I was worried about his emotional state. He's very fragile. He has emotional problems that go beyond pacifism.



Dude #10 2007 A+G Cut Sig

This may be the finest of them yet. I'm very impressed by Beardy's detective work. How in the world he tracked down this check is beyond me. But, Brian Gray and I are both pleased beyond words that the one existing check made famous in this movie has been destroyed so that it can be glued to and displayed on a piece of rectangular cardboard.

Well done Greg.

Now I'd like to address a small problem that has been brought to my attention. It has been suggested that we are running out of subjects for our set. Nothing could be further from the truth. (Actually, there are a lot of things that are further from the truth. A Rod is liked by his teammates. Gellman's dream is to work for Beckett. Paul Walker can act. You get my point though. There's plenty of subjects.)

So I'll submit a brief, incomplete list off the top of my head of possible cards. Some should be fairly easy considering they don't actually appear in the movie.

1. Gary
2. Mrs. Jamtoss
3. Marty Ackerman
4. Cynthia
5. The Pomeranian - with the papers
6. The Ringer
7. Walter's dirty undies - the whites
8. Pilar
9. Liam
10. The Ralphs checkout girl
11. Sioux City Sasparilla - it's a good one
12. Francis Donelly - The guy at the mortuary
13. Maude's thugs
14. The coffee shop waitress - you know, at the family restaurant
15. A toe with green nail polish
16. The two cops who solve the rug theft
17. The cop who has the boys at the station working in shifts
18. The Dude's car
19. The Thorough Doctor
20. Sherry - costar of Logjammin
21. Aimee mann
22. The corvette owner
23. Police Chief of Malibu
24. Lawyers Kunstler and Ron Kuby
25. The Knutsens
26. The marmot
27. The cab driver who looks like Ving Rhames
28. The limo driver who is NOT careful around beverages
29. A cleft asshole
etc.

As you can see there are a lot of subjects remaining. My only problem is finding pictures to use. If anyone can find pictures someplace other than a Google search, please let me know.

7 comments:

beardy said...

Did anyone notice the comment on the post with the Liam card from a couple weeks back?

If that's really him, maybe we've got some leverage here, man. I would love to see this become a real set.

Motherscratcher said...

JTC Beardy! I didn't even notice that.

I just sent Liam an email. I've got a plan, dude. It's a swiss watch, if I understand it correctly.

beardy said...

someone also left a smokey card in one of the comments from a few posts back. it's awesome people are randomly stumbling upon these.

Motherscratcher said...

Yeah, I noticed the Smokey as well. I found his blog and left a comment that I will be posting the Smokey card. He guy has a pretty interesting little music blog going.

Anonymous said...

Wishlist fulfillment:
http://intoleftfield.com/blog/?p=625

PunkRockPaint said...

Haven't tried it, but would it work to view the dvd on your computer and click "prnt scrn"?

My technological expertise is limited to Microsoft Paint... I am still tryin to figure out HOW TO WOrk the CAPSLOCk button.

Anonymous said...

On a Windows box, the print screen trick may very well work for most anyone. Just 'paste' then to Paint, save, and do whatever it is that you do. For Mac, it is a bit trickier because they lock out screen capture on the default DVD player. You can get around that easily by calling the 'screencapture' utility straight from a Terminal. ... I love the poorly placed measure to stop idiots from taking screenshots of their favorite movies for use in fictitious baseball cards they may create for non-profit purposes.

Oops. Was I talking about myself again?
http://intoleftfield.com/blog/?p=641