Sunday, January 24, 2010

X-Fractorlicious!

OK, so that post title makes the actual post sound a lot more exciting than it really is. The point is getting you here. Even if I have to trick you.

To what purpose...I'm not quite sure.

This post is to brag about a decent return on a couple of Bowman Draft Rack Packs. The grocery store by my office has a little (very little) section with cards. It's mostly YuGiOh and whatnot. But there are sportscards, and it gets updated every so often. If my wife doesn't want me spending money on a few packs here and there she shouldn't send me on errands. Right?

So I picked up 2 rack packs of Bowman Draft. In these you get the usual Bowman cards, a gold card, and some Chrome. You all know I like chrome because it's all shiny and stuff.

Here are 2 cards that I pulled that pleasantly surprised me.


J.D. Martin Draft Chrome Purple Refractor.


It's not numbered so I don't know how rare these purple refractors are. I suspect they aren't very rare. Still, it was nice to pull from a rack pack. It's the only purple refractor I've ever pulled from a pack of 2009 Bowman draft. Of course, this is the first time I've opened any.

Still...

David Ortiz X-Fractor 189/199

Nice. I love X-fractors. It's hard to tell in the scan, but there's absolutely no reason for me to lie. Except to impress everyone so they will like me. Not too bad getting the Ortiz either. That guy has a lot of balls. No, really, look...he's holding at least 4 balls there.

So, an X-Fractor and a Purple Refractor out of 2 rack packs - not too shabby.

3 comments:

BASEBALL DAD said...

Very shiny.I like the way you matched the purple text to the purple refractor.Not just anyone would have been that creative.

Play at the Plate said...

Nothing like buying packs when you get sent to the store for milk.

Field of Cards said...

lol...that first paragraph cracked me up.

I love that Ortiz card. I just says a lot about him. I think he got hammered unfairly this last year.