Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Gac Take 2: Pretty Good Start



Here is the first pack out of my second box of Allen & Ginter for the Gint-A-Cuffs battle. It's not too shabby, I'm sure you'll agree.

Joe Mauer Relic - 40 pts Not a bad way to start. This looks an awful lot like the one I pulled out of my first box.


Grady Sizemore Relic - 80 pts Alright! Now we're talking. This box is shaping up to be pretty good.


Burke T. Kenny Auto - 17pts - I have a feeling Beardy might see this one in his mailbox somtime soon...like maybe November. It's nice to get an auto in the first pack.


Brian Roberts Relic 2008 - 80pts I have no idea why this 2008 version was in my 2009 box, but I'll take it. If I pulled the 2009 it would be worth 40pts, but I figured I'd multiply it by 2 because it's so unlikely to pull the 2008. Commish can email if there's a problem.


Homer Simpson Red Auto - 420pts - What are the chances of pulling this auto again out of my second box? That means that I now have BOTH 04/10 Horse Guy red autos. I multiplied by 10 due to the sheer improbablility. Man, what a pack, huh?


Ervin Santana Auto 2008 - 30pts Again I multiplied by 2 because of the 2008 version. I may need a ruling on this because it should probably be worth more. I don't know if someone screwed up or if I got the best box ever.


Grady Sizemore/ Nick Swisher Co-Signers dual auto - Let's see, thats [(15x10) + 15] x 2 +330pts. Wow that's a whole lot of points for a card that I have no idea how it got into this product. It must be a buyback or something.


Ryan Howard Relic - 8pts. OK, let's make it 9 for the stripe. I would usually be pumped for a card like this but 9 points is kind of a letdown at this point.


Jeff Clement base - -1pts. Can you believe it? Just my luck. I mean, of course I'M the guy who has to pull the Clement in my very first pack. Will things ever go my way. Bummer, man. This is a bummer.



So to recap, I pulled 1 red auto, 2 regular autos (1 2008 version), 4 relics (1 2008 version), and 1 dual auto buyback, and 1 base card. Now that I think about it, it's kind of strange that I got 9 cards in this pack. Weird.

Pack 1 Total points: 897 points

That total should put me in pretty good shape in the Gint-A-Cuffs.

I'm on pace for 21,528 points. To tell you the truth, I'd be happy with half of that.

A little disappointed I pulled that Clement at the end.

5 comments:

Captain Canuck said...

Hey, at least you didn't get a Yankee.
That would have been devastating.

beardy said...

Wow man, great pack! Looks like we've got a new leader.

Dinged Corners said...

What a pack, holy smokes.

Drew said...

Man that was a great pack!

PunkRockPaint said...

I saw on the pack that the odds of pulling that cosigners buyback were 65,000,000,000:1...

Well Done!