Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Gint-A-Cuffs 21-24: The Moment Of Truth



Alright. It's the moment you've all been waiting for. Will I, or will I not beat the pants off the Bearded Wonder in this here Gint-A-Cuffs? You'll have to read this post to find out.

Or, I suppose you could just scroll down to see. That would be easy enough. It's probably what I do.

Pack 21:

#275 Vladimir Guerrero
#274 Josh Hamilton - Favorite Player List +2 - Hey, did you know that Josh used to do drugs but turned his life around? He's got a bunch of tattoos and he regrets every single one of them. Yup. Every one. Just ask Joe Buck. (This was in no way supposed to make fun of Josh or make light of his addiction. This was to make fun of Joe Buck and his annoying pontificating.)


#240 Hank Blalock
#124 Donald Veal
#AGR-HB Hank Blalock Relic +8 - Oh well, this sure as heck isn't going to get it done.


#149 Chipper Jones Mini - Favorite Player List +3


#NP4 Geovany Soto National Pride - Favorite Player List +4



Pack Total: +17
Box Total: 266pts
PBB: 81



Pack 22:

#129 Brian Giles
#183 Pedro Feliz
#11 Jacoby Ellsbury
#237 Walton Glenn Eller
# 316 Rick Porcello SP +5


#AGHS23 Brad Lidge - Sketch +3


#132 Anna Tunnicliffe Mini A&G Back +2



#NP5 Ryan Dempster National Pride

Pack Total: +10
Box Total: 276pts
PBB: 71




Pack 23:

#207 Jack Cust
#185 Dustin Pedroia - Favorite Player List +2


#290 Cat Osterman - No points here, but I figured it would be OK to scan and post this anyway. Here is the card of a 6'3" gold medal winner named Cat. That has to go up on this blog. Or, to put it another way: "Oh Ms. Osterman, you're a little monkey woman. Yeah, you're lean, mean, and I bet you're not too far in between are ya. How'd you like to wrap your spikes around my..."


#164 Erik Bedard
#139 Daisuke Matsuzaka
#350 Jimmy Rollins SP +5 - Opps. I did it again. Stop judging me.


#280 Shin Soo Choo Mini Black Border - Favorite Team 3+1= +4


#NP70 Carlos Pena National Pride
## Monopoly Guy Crack The Code

Pack Total: +11
Box Total: 287pts
PBB: 60



Pack 24:

#227 Nelson Cruz
#108 Alamo
#203 Scott Kazmir
#39 Hanley Ramirez - Favorite Player List +2


#291 Josh Beckett
#91 Alex gordon - Crack The Code +2


#63 Andrew Miller Mini A&G Back +2



#NP69 Ryan Rowland-Smith National Pride

Pack Total: +6
Box Total: 293pts
PBB: 54


Conclusions: Too bad. Not quite enough in the tank to pull this one out. Before Beardy pulled that incredible 347 this would have been a pretty tight race.

Then again, for all I know there are better scores out there. I'm going to start to record everyone's breaks for the prospectus.

This set really is fantastic. I'd considered doing the 2008 or 2007 A&G set because I thought the old wax might be better and more affordable, but I'm glad I got this. I may even pick up a few more of these, and that doesn't mean I can't open some of those others as well. Then again, Chrome should be out shortly (If it's not already. I'm terrible at keeping up with this stuff).

And, I have another box ready to go, unripped. I'll be perfectly honest with you. This unopened box. It's speaking to me. It's barely a whisper but I can here it.

It's saying.........388

No comments: