Monday, July 20, 2009

Gint-A-Cuffs 5-8: Comin' Out Swinging... a Fly Swatter



Here's the next instalment of my first Gint-A-Cuffs box. I hit my stride here and maintain my average of about 2 point a pack or so. Watch out El Beardarino. I'm gunnin' for you.

Pack 5:

#193 Khalil Greene
#175 Alfonso Soriano
#140 Loren Opstedahl
#173 Fransisco Rodriguez
#20 Adam Jones
#21 Robinson Cano -1


#44 Freddy Sanchez Mini
#NP73 Carlos Lee National Pride

Pack Total: -1
Box Total: 36pts
PBB: 311



Pack 6:

#286 Matt Kemp
#180 Russell Martin
#265 Paul Konerko
#151 Cole hamels
#247 Jeff Clement -1 - Wasn't this guy supposed to be good or something?


#347 Yovani Gallardo SP +5


#180 Alamo Mini
#NP3 Jason Bay National Pride

Pack Total: +5
Box Total: 41pts
PBB: 306



Pack 7:

#233 John Lackey
#222 Akinori Iwamura
#235 Roy Oswalt
#157 Jason Motte
#188 Chris Davis
#345 Carlos Delgado SP +5


#229 Mark Ellis Mini A&G Back +2



#NP1 Ervin Santana National Pride
## Monopoly Guy Crack the Code

Pack Total: +7
Box Total: 48pts
PBB: 299


Check that out. Only 7 packs into this thing and I'm already less than 300 points behind. This is a lock.

Pack 8:

#236 Edgar Renteria
#230 Torii Hunter
#250 Grady Sizemore - My Favorite Player +3


#202 Conor Jackson
#177 David Freese
#112 Millito Navarro - Negro Leaguer +2


#HHB5 The Turk - World's Biggest Hoaxes and such +5 - The Turk is the name of the chess playing computer that turns into skynet and blows up the world in the now defunct TV show Terminator. It got terrible reviews and I'm about the only one that watched it. I don't know, I liked it a lot. I'm going to miss it. Summer Glau is not to shabby either.


#NP8 Fausto Carmona National Pride - Favorite Team +2 - What the hell happened to this guy?


Pack Total: +12
Box Total: 60pts
PBB: 287


Conclusions: Another far less than steller 4 packs. What the hell does a guy have to do to get some points around here? Hey, at least I got my Sizemore base, which is cool. I'm starting to doubt whether I have it in me to pull this one off.

That Turk card is cool, although thinking about it now, Summer Glau would have been better.

Oh, and another negative pack. I'm starting to feel like Coach Norman Dale playing with less than a full squad. It worked out for him, so I have every confidence in the world that I can pull 350 from 22 packs.

1 comment:

Captain Canuck said...

uh.. yeah. Summer Glau would've been better than any of the stuff you pulled.
Punk Rock! Make it happen.