Sunday, May 3, 2009

Really Unimportant Announcements

It's coming. The moment a very few of you have all been waiting for a little bit. Set your watches for this afternoon. Or more likely sometime tonight. If not then, then hopefully tomorrow. And, possibly later this week, like Friday.

That's right. It's the launch of The Big Lebowski Link Fest. I've almost got the whole damn thing organized. As you will see, it's way more complicated than it ever needed to be. The final result will be decidedly unimpressive, but I've spent a lot of time on the thing. Mostly downloading a bunch of stuff onto blog posts.

If I told you how much time I've spent doing this you wouldn't believe me. My wife's divorce lawyer would, though. Hopefully not the judge.

So, pull up your socks, hang onto your hats, and protect the women and children because it's coming.

I think.

There's a really good chance.

I'd say at least 68%.


On a more somber note, I've finally joined that nameless and unfortunate group of people who's only requirement for entry is to have gotten damaged cards from a pack searcher. My wife (bless her heart. maybe she hasn't called that lawyer yet) went to Target yesterday and returned with all of the necessary stuff plus a pack of cards for me. Isn't she fantastic?

It was 2009 A Piece Of History. (Hey, how could she know?) There were 2 cards out of the 5 that had obvious fingernail dings. Dirty no good bastards. Jokes on the loser pack searcher, though. The pack had a Nate McLouth base card. So there.

And finally, I'm beginning to think that the Tribes bullpen may be struggling.

Don't forget to set your watches, or other time telling thingies.

3 comments:

beardy said...

There's only like 80 cards, how hard can it be?

Amateur!

Dubbs said...

May be struggling...sounds like you're struggling with a problem, sir.

Step 1: Admit you have a problem.

Dubbs said...

Just tuned into the Tribe game while I wait for Milwaukee to play. I see Matt LaPorta is playing in RF for you guys. That's gotta make you smile!