Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Turk Off Rules Finalized


Beardy has set down the final rules for the Turk Off. I'm 96.7% sure that we got everything covered. In the unlikely scenario that there is some sort of dispute that we cannot hash out for ourselves I have appointed Dayf to the the 2007 Turk Off Commishioner.

Dayf has not been approached about this and he has certainly not agreed to it. It's mostly a ceremonial position, like the King of Canada or whatever they have up there. It carries with it no real responsibilities. I just thought we needed a Commish, mostly to try to intimidate Beardy with Dayf's formidable beard.

Dayf cannot reject or turn down this offer. He's the Commish. He gets no say in that decision.

OK, On with the rules:

BASE
0 base card
+1 Indian or Oriole base
-1 Yankee base
+2 major stars base (Mantle, Pujols, Halladay, Wright, Mauer, Griffey, Santana, Hanley Ramirez, Miguel Cabrera, Vladdy Guerrero)
-1 points if we pull base of Kenji Johjima, JD Drew, Kelvin Jiminez, Eric Chavez, or Don Kelly
+3 Markakis or Sizemore base
YANKEE MAJOR STAR BASE WORTH 1pt

HITS
+3 Chrome
+5 Chrome Refractor
+10 Chrome Black Refractor
+15 Chromograph
+10 Relic
+5 President
+20 Silk
+8 for a SP or Ad Back
+7 Cabinet
+20 Cabinet Dick Perez Auto

MULTIPLIER FOR "HITS"
x2 If any of those pulls are Indians or Orioles
x3 If any hits are of major stars (Mantle, Pujols, Halladay, Wright, Mauer, Griffey, Santana, Hanley Ramirez, Miguel Cabrera, Vladdy Guerrero)
DIVIDE BY 2 FOR ALL YANKEE HITS, INCLUDING MAJOR STARS (Jeter refractor 5pts for refractor x3 star player multiplier, divided by 2 for being a Yank = 7.5pts.)
x7 If it's Markakis or Sizemore
-3 points if we pull a hit of Kenji Johjima, JD Drew, Kelvin Jiminez, Eric Chavez, or Don Kelly
x100 for Group A Chromographs (A -Rod, David Wright, Sheffield, Jason Bay, Damon, Peavy, and Ryan Howard)
x20 for Daisuke Matsuzaka Relic
x2 for James K. Polk or Benjamin Harrison President cards

The front and back of all Ad Backs must be scanned, for posterity's sake.


SP List

2 comments:

beardy said...

I'e already posted my first 2 packs. Tallying up the scores can be a little complicated. I almost missed a SP in the very first pack.

If I catch any of your mistakes, I'll let you know, and I hope you will show me the same courtesy, sissy.

Motherscratcher said...

I'm working on my first 2 right now. SPs are going to be easy to miss.

Of course I'll let you know if I catch anything. I won't need to cheat to kick your sorry ass.